Friday, February 02, 2007

Hung Up and Overdue

Yeah. Well, judging by the fact that it's 2:23 AM and I've spent more time awake tonight than asleep, I definitely think I'm hung up about something a few things more things than my mind can possibly keep track of all at once. And more than overdue for a mental break, or perhaps a good cry. Trouble is, there's no room in this weekend's schedule for some quality time with Dolly Parton and Sally Field and Julia Roberts, so that'll have to wait.

(Reason #4162 Why I Am Not Allowed To Watch Grey's Anatomy: this, which nearly set me off earlier this week, but I was on my way to work with freshly done make-up, so that was definitely a "There is no crying in baseball" moment for me.)

There are so many things in life that I want right now that I simply can not have or might not have or feel like I'm on the wrong path to ever having and it's driving me a little batty. And it's entirely self-inflicted. My hopes, dreams, aspirations, some of which I can't even bring myself to verbalize, oh, I do this to myself. Nobody's forcing anything on me. Nope, this is my self-inflicted torture device, and mine alone. (Somebody, please, TURN IT OFF!)

Don't be jealous! You, too, can have your own swirling vortex of mental angst! Just send three installments of $29.95, along with your deepest fears, insecurities and least-likely-to-achieve-dreams and our experts here will craft your very own personal hell! Act now, and we'll throw in two weeks of insomnia for free! Guaranteed to get on your last nerve, or your money back!

2:51 AM. Seriously, if I don't fall asleep in the next 10 minutes, I'm going to have to clean the house and something tells me my neighbors won't enjoy the vacuuming.

Happy Groundhog Day, everyone! Hope your team wins this weekend, as long as your team is not the Chicago Bears (ahem, Dave), and that if you're awake at 3:00 in the morning, it's because you're out rioting somewhere in classic victory celebration style.

8 Comments:

At Fri Feb 02, 06:38:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Unrealized dreams? Check
Self-inflicted torture? Check
Swirling vortex? Check
I'm right there with you...

 
At Fri Feb 02, 09:26:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm having those same feelings lately. Some pretty late nights, too. Here's to all of us "where-the-hell-is-my-life-headed" people.

 
At Fri Feb 02, 02:27:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Amen to that.

 
At Fri Feb 02, 07:49:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I fourth that.

Oh, and tomorrow night? You can cry on my shoulder. After the crab, of course...

 
At Sat Feb 03, 09:23:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

GO COLTS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Sat Feb 03, 10:36:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

do i need to send you my copy of "in america" and a case of harp?

 
At Sat Feb 03, 10:40:00 PM PST, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

Oh God, anything but In America!

But the case of Harp? Yeah, send it on over. ;-)

 
At Mon Feb 05, 06:47:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I knew I should have called you this weekend. I could have used some time hearing about someone else's hope-sucking abyss. Ha.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home