Wednesday, January 10, 2007

A Little Business To Attend To


First, it's National De-Lurking Week. And, rather than break with the grand tradition I started last year, here at Daily Tragedies we're having National De-Lurking Seventy Two Hours. Get on it and de-lurk! (In return, I will try to have something interesting to say, once every 72 hours or so.)

(If by "something interesting" you mean "words strung together to form sentences and maybe even paragraphs.")

(And if by "every 72 hours or so" you mean "every 8-10 days, on average, because I am a selfish little bitch who does not call her mother often enough.")

(Also, can you believe I've been half-assedly blogging for a year now?!?!?!?!)

Anyway. The short of it is, comment and I will love you forever. The end, amen.

(If you don't know what to comment on, tell me what your favorite post of 2006 was. I'm incurably nosy curious.)



Second, I am doing exceedingly terribly on those New Year's resolutions, thanks for asking. So, I thought I'd expand the list. To increase my potential success rate or something.

Personal: My mother thinks I need a hobby. One that, in her words, "does not involve working." So let's call this resolution "be more social." Not particularly measurable, but it should generate some good stories for y'all. (It should help that I just quit BR. Again.)

Professional: This week I discovered that I'm (a) ahead of schedule on a project and (b) it ROCKS.

I also came across a spreadsheet I made in a fit of extreme anal-retentiveness, detailing the provisions of eight related cases I was working on. In January 2003. Somebody asked me a question about those cases today and I could actually answer it, thanks to that ridiculous spreadsheet.

So now, I'm inspired: I need to be that organized, all of the time. (Perhaps not quite that anal, however. I'm supposed to be having a social life here!) Also, no more procrastinating!



Third, I wrote my first post of 2007 yesterday. If you haven't seen it, go read it. Wouldn't want all that hard work and emotion to get lost in the meaningless drivel I typically put out here.



Speaking of meaningless drivel, have this little story:

I sat in a meeting today where someone (correctly) used the term "prophylactic," and half the room snickered. Later someone else used the phrase "go bare" three times in three sentences and, looking around the room, it appears that I was the only one who wanted to crawl into a hole due to this particular word choice. I'm not sure what this says about me. Or my colleagues.



Finally, yes I know my RSS feed isn't working properly, and no, I do not know what causes this problem, nor how to fix it. I'm confident it's all Blogger's fault and feel comfortable passing the buck entirely. Good luck. Well, seems like we're back in business now, and I did exactly nothing. I feel good about my diagnosis.

3 Comments:

At Wed Jan 10, 07:37:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yesterday I tried to check your blog and it said your site was "forbidden". I was wondering what you had posted...

 
At Wed Jan 10, 07:15:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

lemme get this straight ...

- your mom thinks you need to be more social (specifically, a hobby) due to your overachieving nature on the work front.
- you procrastinate yet feel the need to constantly organize your life.
- you suffer from "fits of extreme anal retentiveness" for which the only cure is more spreadsheets.

Ditto

I do believe that you and I were separated at birth.

 
At Wed Jan 10, 08:53:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

a hobby? i suggest drinking. sometimes alone, often heavy.

 

<< Home