Wednesday, January 04, 2006

Other Random Things You Should Know About Me

  • I'm an NPR junkie.
  • Also, C-SPAN and C-SPAN2. Really.
  • Despite my quality education, highbrow news sources, and having grown up in the Midwest, I have a tendency, like, to totally talk like a Valley Girl. Ya know?
  • I'm working on that one.
  • I may actually become HTML literate through this little exercise. But I wouldn't count on it.
  • For some reason I find the word "fuck" the most descriptive and useful of all the swear words, and therefore use it often.
  • This is unfortunate because most people find it the harshest and most offensive of all the swear words, and therefore do not enjoy hearing me use it often.
  • I have a thing for numbers.
  • And sports metaphors.
  • I absolutely love hyphen-filled modifiers. You'll have to watch for those. I should trademark them or something and become filthy rich! (Except that I'm probably the only one who uses them.)
  • I have a tendency to write really insanely long sentences, often aided by the hyphen-filled modifiers.
  • Followed by short ones. That aren't technically sentences so much as dependent clauses.
  • I can be a little bit of a princess sometimes.
  • But usually I'm pretty mature and level-headed about things. Sometimes it's disturbing.
  • Also, I'm the teensiest bit of a control freak. No, really, I know it's hard to believe, but it's true.
  • And anal. It's not like I'm compulsive or anything, but I do like things to be neat, orderly, done a certain way... (I can't believe I used bullets instead of numbers for this list, because I have no idea how many items there are here. Whee! Look at me throwing caution to the wind and living with the uncertainty!!! But it would annoy me if there were some strange number of items, like 38 or something. Lack of information is actually better on this one.)
  • I work out in the morning. By choice.
  • I have a mild obsession with footwear. Particularly of the three-inch stiletto heel variety.
  • I'm rather sacrilegious. But not just about religion. Actually, about pretty much everything.
  • I am a member of the Junior League. And I volunteered on Howard Dean's 2004 presidential campaign. Which makes me, in the words of an ex-boyfriend, a pinko-commie-liberal-conservative-Southern-belle.
  • Speaking of the South...prolonged exposure as a child (and as a grown-up) have caused such phrases as "sweet tea," "oh mah word," and "darlin'" to creep into my vocabulary, complete with a soft, lilting accent.
  • In addition to being the Irony Queen, I am also the Efficiency Queen. If there's a faster, more direct way to do something, I've probably already identified it.
  • I may be a little competitive sometimes. Ok, most of the time.
  • Sarcasm is my primary form of communication. It's so inherent that it took me this long to add it to the list. Sad, just sad.
  • I'm a wee bit particular about grammar. So, if the phrases "also, too...," "besides," or "between the three of us...," please, I beg of you: Stop. Just stop.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jan 05, 11:39:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think this post should re-titled "Other Random Understatements You Should Know About Me."

Case(s) in point:
I have a tendency, like, to totally talk like a Valley Girl.
I have a thing for numbers.
I have a tendency to write really insanely long [and boring - ed.] sentences...
I'm the teensiest bit of a control freak.
And anal.


Also, if I ever ONCE catch you using a hyphen incorrectly, I will own your ass.

 
At Fri Jan 06, 06:55:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

welcome to nerdsville, population kate.

i can't believe you're one of those people who has a blog. and this is coming from someone who could teach a class on aim profiles.

 

<< Home