Thursday, January 18, 2007

Big Pimpin'

Alternate Title: Because Generating My Own Content Is So Hard!

Y'all, I am an idiot. Of course, you already knew that. But ARGH! It's hard enough to cram five days' worth of work into a four-day week, but then I go and volunteer to write an article (plus sidebar) for a newsletter and agree to an alumni board conference call, for which I have yet to prepare, and...the week just gets away from a girl and here it is Thursday and I haven't regaled you with any exciting stories!

Today, though, we're going to change things up a little. My very talented friend Neal Hutchko (see him here; read about his tendency to turn me into an alcoholic here) has gotten his own website up and running. While I normally update my sidebar with links to blogs I'm reading every month year, his site isn't a blog so much as a virtual art gallery of paintings. Paintings he himself painted. I'm still having a hard time wrapping my head around this one, as Neal is not the beret-wearing, pot-smoking, tortured artiste type, so much as the soccer-playing, beer-swilling guy who would drag me to Vegas for a weekend of drinking and gambling -- quarterly, if I let him.

But his work is damn good.


(Boring legal reminder: All of Neal's works are fully copyrighted and may not be reproduced or rebroadcast without express written consent of the artist or the National Football League. Which I have, so nah-nah-nah-nah-nah-na. Don't try this at home.)

This painting, SG Part 2, is my favorite, though there were some other really strong contenders. I expect to see it hanging in my living room, just as soon as I have a living room where I'm allowed to put holes in the walls. Actually, if I had a living room, I'd take SG Part 2 and Squire's Garden and hang them on the wall over the sofa, just like Martha says to.

My market research shows that you, my loyal readers, are highly educated, culturally-aware types with plenty of disposable income to spend on one-of-a-kind art, so go take a tour of the virtual gallery. Then come back and leave a note in the comments section telling us about your favorite. We'll all be virtual art snobs together! Here, have some virtual port while you ponder the significance of that brushstroke.

Did I mention you're smokin' hot? Well, you are. Now go!

7 Comments:

At Thu Jan 18, 08:44:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Okay, now I know I am officially your one, untalented friend that is simply required to meet karmic quotas! Love "Lock" and the palette of "Heated Sky". There is something very interesting in his strict color range.

PS--Great hair cut. Love ya, hate ya!

 
At Thu Jan 18, 08:41:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like "Untitled...for now". I also like Ramen noodles. Coincidence?

Still sticking to that "highly educated, culturally aware" line? Ha! I'll have you know that not only am I stOOpid, I'm dumb too!

 
At Thu Jan 18, 08:53:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm pretty sure my agent didn't offer any old 'express written consent' for the use of my (name's) likeness... i'm not so worried about whatever this "squire's garden" nonsense is, but i am certainly due 8% of the gross earnings on all SGs parts 2 through infinity.

 
At Fri Jan 19, 08:57:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

My income is currently indisposed. However, I will share my favorites: Heated Sky, Storm, Balloon, and Feathers (narrowed that right down, didn't I?) Any of these would do nicely as a Birthday/Christmas/Groundhog Day gift.

 
At Fri Jan 19, 06:37:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

It's a toss up...I'm with you on Squire's Garden, and I also like Lock. Completely unoriginal, but per normal, I don't care :)

 
At Fri Jan 19, 10:50:00 PM PST, Blogger Carolie said...

I'm extremely into "Storm", "Ice", "The Lock" and "The Crawl". Thanks for sharing the site....wonderful stuff!

 
At Sat Jan 20, 09:31:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Smoking hot? Dur!!!

 

<< Home