Wednesday, February 01, 2006

I Am a Web Design Goddesse

No, not "goddess." Goddesse (gah-DESS). You know, how Charlie/ Timothy Hutton describes his new girlfriend to Kate/Meg Ryan in French Kiss. Not that I've seen that movie more times than I can count on my fingers and toes.

Anyway, behold the New Website Trick thingy I learned today!!! It's been a couple of weeks since I learned a New Website Trick and I was getting bored. And my visions of what this blog should look like (and be able to do) are getting increasingly complicated. So, off I went, in search of something to teach me a New Website Trick. (This blog is dual-purpose - I can hone my writing skills and develop some web design skills. 'Cuz you just never know when you might need them.) Yes, I know the pretty new overlay screws up the pretty rounded corners on all my boxes, but that is just going to have to wait. It took me more than two hours (yes, two hours in which I could have been typing funny stories for you, but was not) to figure this tiled overlay thing out. I tried everything I could think of. Quit trying. Twice. Nearly died of low blood sugar. Had a snack. Did some actual, bona fide work. Thought about calling it a day. And then! My genius brain had an idea, so I messed around with it some more. Upload this file here, type that there, carry the one, and TA-DA!!! A properly-functioning pretty overlay thing. I then had to tweak some of the colors, since the overlay changes the whole composition. Naturally.

For someone who doesn't consider herself very artistic nor technologically savvy, I think I'm doing quite well today! (If you're wondering if I created the pretty overlay thingy, I have this to say: hahahahahahahahahaha. No. But this nice lady did.)

Random Public Service Announcement: do not attempt the new Black Cherry Vanilla Diet Coke. Not only is it waaaay too many flavors hitting one's tongue all at once, it is quite possibly the most "sugary" thing I have ever consumed. And it doesn't even have sugar in it! It's almost like a hot fudge sundae in a bottle. Only less chocolatey, more Diet Cokey. Seriously. If you are looking for a zero-calorie-dessert-replacement-drink, go for it. If you're looking for some delicious, caffeinated refreshment, stick with something classic, like Diet Coke with Lime.

Oooh, also, going right now to send an e-mail to the Notify List. Or they will stone me.

2 Comments:

At Thu Feb 02, 06:10:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Diet coke with lime is nowhere near as good as Diet Cherry Coke!

 
At Tue Feb 07, 06:44:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

DCVC is sooo gross. I agree with anonymous. DCC is the best, but it is getting hard to find.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home