Monday, January 30, 2006

Pass the Ambien, Please

I continue my long, strange trip through the Land of Crazy Sleep Patterns. It's been several weeks now, and let me tell you, it's getting old. Apparently I need to start taking drugs before bed, 'cuz this all-natural lifestyle is not workin' for me.

Last night's Dreamland show centered on making lunch plans during exam week in high school. Remember how everyone's schedule would be mixed up based on which exams were scheduled for that day and the lunch period was twice as long as usual and there was much schedule coordination required? Anyway, yes, I was making lunch plans - with people I knew in college, grad school, professional life, but few people actually from my high school days. In a building that was most certainly not my high school, and in fact did not resemble a school in the least.

And then I woke up. At 4:30 a.m. In the words of Dave Barry, I am not making this up. So, if I seem a bit discombobulated today, you'll know why.

1 Comments:

At Tue Jan 31, 03:39:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I spend lots of time awake in the middle of the night, after waking up with the standard "I'm enrolled in college but its two weeks into the semester and I haven't been to class and can't find my schedule" dream. Maybe that's not really you in the photo, maybe you're really 50! When I get tired of being awake I read comics.com and your blog!

 

<< Home