Tuesday, January 24, 2006

Better Now!

Thank you for tuning in to Sunday's Special Edition Spazzing. (If you missed it, perhaps that's for the best.) We now return to our regularly scheduled programming.

Except that I. Got. Nothin'. Work, work, blah de blah blah blah, work. Damn, that work thing is annoying sometimes! Perhaps I can distract you with something shiny and pretty? Ok, not shiny so much, but definitely pretty.


I walked into Macy's looking for a pair of black and cream heels (I thought I owned every pair of black shoes known to woman, but apparently I was wrong because I now need black and cream heels) and walked out with these: Pretty New Red Shoes. I already have red boots and red going-out shoes and red cocktail-dress shoes, but no red wear-to-work shoes. So, this purchase was totally justified.

Here they are again!


Clearly Pretty New Red Shoes can solve all of life's problems, from Special Edition Spazzing to not having enough time to write a proper blog entry. Maybe I should let Condi in on this little secret...our foreign policy would be the better for it.

8 Comments:

At Wed Jan 25, 12:38:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

and i had the impression your work was so important and so inspiring. guess we'll have to settle for red shoe diaries!

 
At Wed Jan 25, 07:22:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those are gorgeous. The first pair of pointy shoes I ever bought were red, and I can say with no irony whatsoever that they CHANGED MY LIFE. So much so that I wore them pretty much every day for two years and then had to get rid of them because they were falling apart. And I have yet to find another good pair of red pointy shoes.

But Macys, you say? Right.

 
At Wed Jan 25, 07:50:00 AM PST, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

Anon--Work is ever-so-important-and-inspiring, but it's a proven fact that if I talk about it a lot, my readership will plummet to ZERO! If you need work-related things, I suggest you read http://energylegalblog.com. It's a close substitute.

nbb--Yes, Macy's! I have a million shoes, but refuse to spend a fortune on them. (But you will not find any Payless shoeboxes in my closet. There's not-spending-a-fortune-on-shoes and then there's signing-up-for-visible-cheapness-and-certain-pain. Avoid the latter at all costs.) The Pretty New Red Shoes are Nine West.

 
At Wed Jan 25, 08:43:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Lovely!

 
At Wed Jan 25, 09:26:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I have red work shoes and red going out shoes but I am suddenly troubled by my total lack of red boots!!!

 
At Wed Jan 25, 10:02:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Nice, but I prefer pink!!!

 
At Wed Jan 25, 10:52:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I know that shoes are a big thing for women (after all I live with one who has a closet FULL) and in an effort to understand WHY I have been trying to notice the shoes women wear for a couple of weeks. I can only recall one pair, and they were very pointy and a bit scary. I find it hard to notice shoes, much less have an emotional experience involving them.

 
At Thu Jan 26, 06:44:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Coffee break... glam.com "what shoe are you?" test.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home