Thursday, January 19, 2006

Just Another Thursday Night

Folding laundry = boring.
Folding laundry + champagne + the West Wing = much more exiciting.



Seriously, I do not remember the last time I drank a whole bottle of champagne by myself. Graduation? Kathy's wedding? Either way, darn good times. And, can I just say – this $5.08 champagne from Target was worth every penny.


Oh, note to any readers still in high school: drinking does not make everything fun and cool. Drinking is bad, mmmkay? Oops! I mean readers under 21. Orf course you wouldn't drink until you’re 21.

I was supposed to go grocery shopping tonighgt. Oops. We've already seen how well I do when I'm not in the modd for groceries...drunk, not such a good option. Oh, and the driving involved, definitely no. So, tomorrow we'll be going out for lunch. Or having avacodos and beer.


Also, I must admit, I watch Project Runway. Yes, really. I'm not much of a reality TV fan, but this is one show I will actually sit through. I watched it last season out of a sense of duty (the BR connection and all) but have so far avoided it this year. But alas, I caught a couple re-runs over the weekend and it's on my TV right now, so...I watch. And worse, I enjoy. (OK, y'all, you have no idea how hard it was to get that link to work right. It's hard enough sober--you try it while drunk! See how much I love you?)

Can I just say, I love the fact that women can be about-ready-to-burst-pregnant on TV? Cuz in 1983 that wasn't the case. And Heidi Klum...for as much as I hate her delivery (hot? yes; but an actress she is not) I am totally loving the bangs. So much softer of a look than last year. And please, if there's a god, can you please, please, please make me look that good when I'm pregnant? I'll do whatever you ask! Sacrifice my firstborn, sure. Pretty please?

Yeah, so that's my Thursday night: laundry, champagne, and some quality Bravo TV programming. How jealous are you?

Aslo, I would just like to say, that if I can (1) take pictures, (2) download them to the computer, and (3) post them to the blog in this condition, perhaps, Canon, I do not need this many instruction manuals to teach me. Just a thought. (Though at some point the computer did a blue-screen-thing and then spontaneously rebooted. Not surer what that was about. Whatev.)


Anywya, it's probalby time for bed for me. But there's basketball on. Hmmm. Tough call.

UPDATE: 5:04 am. Shhhh, alarm clock! Why are you so annoying? Mmmmm, water. Water is soooo tasty. And you, on the kitchen counter. Don't think I didn't see you, empty champagne bottle and champagne flute, so damn cheerful and innocent-looking. You're not exactly on my good list right now. I'm going back to bed; maybe I'll feel like greeting the day in another hour or two.

2 Comments:

At Thu Jan 19, 10:10:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Wow, that champagne glass looks so inviting. The laundry does look so much better with alcohol. Just for you, look at my next post I put on my blog. And be warned!

Take care!

 
At Fri Jan 20, 08:38:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

somebody please put a breathalizer on that girl's keyboard.

and to any high schoolers reading, drinking indeed does not make everything fun and cool; drinking makes everyone fun and cool.

 

<< Home