Saturday, November 04, 2006

Hear ye, hear ye.

Hi. My name is Kate, and I have a type.

Hi, Kate.

Yah.

So.

I think it's official.

I mean, I thought it might be official several months ago, but now I am above-and-beyond convinced.

I? have a type. I never thought of myself as the "type" kind of person, but, yup, I am.

So, um, yeah. Not that this story is going to make sense to anyone but me (and I may possisbly be oh-so-slightly intoxicated* as I type this, so really, really, I may be the only one who understands it but...)

We were out tonight, drinking, as every good campaign staff should. I almost passed on it, as I still have a lot of website work to catch up on, but whatever, ya gotta accept the social invites when they come along, you know?

The communications director (who was at a dinner event with the candidate) called to let me know that his cousin would be joining us at the bar, please keep him entertained until CD arrived. Ok, no prob. Maybe half an hour later, a guy walks into the bar. I had not been paying attention to most of the other patrons, but him I notice. (And by "notice" I mean, mentally note that, hey, there's someone who's boots I wouldn't mind seeing under my bed. Ahem. Not that I currently have a bed, but whatever. Details!) He keeps walking, so whatever. Several minutes later, he comes up to our table to ask if we're the campaign staff. Ummm, yeah. He's the cousin. And? He looks an awful lot like the communications director. Who looks an awful lot like an ex-boyfriend.

Fuck.

Soooooo, that about settles it, now doesn't it?

In case you're wondering: Brunette. Dark eyes. Slight-to-medium build. Probably Jewish.

Damn.

I should move to New York.

*Three words: Leinie's. ON TAP.

7 Comments:

At Sat Nov 04, 09:13:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Ok, I have the man for you. Email me and I'll fill you in.

 
At Sun Nov 05, 11:11:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Is admitting you have a "problem" the first step? Is step 2 being mocked by your friends?

Don't sound so shocked at your self-discovery. Just think of it as one more Kate-efficiency b/c now you sort them must faster.

 
At Sun Nov 05, 11:18:00 AM PST, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

The weird thing is, if you asked me to describe who I'm looking for, I wouldn't offer up this description. Crazy.

Also, is "brunette" properly applied to men or is it supposed to modify only women? Does anyone know? Does anyone even care?

 
At Mon Nov 06, 09:47:00 AM PST, Blogger soundedfury said...

Since -ette is usually a diminutive, I think it's safe to say "brown-haired" is the preferred nomenclature. I know women who will smack you if you called them a brunette because of that.

Of course, they're sociologists, so they don't count.

 
At Mon Nov 06, 03:44:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Yeah, you don't really call a man "brunette.". Just say "brown-haired." Anyway, you don't have to move to New York. DC has plenty of Semitic types. You should know as much.

 
At Mon Nov 06, 05:42:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You know, it's just like when you go shopping...when you know what you're looking for is exactly when you don't find it...but when you're just browsing (and broke), you find everything you could possibly want.

What, not supportive enough? Um, I refer you back to "bitter." Yeah, I'll work on that...

 
At Tue Nov 07, 05:23:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Leinie's on tap?!! Now, I'm jealous

 

Post a Comment

<< Home