Thursday, October 19, 2006

Love Thursday: Fall Edition

Strangely enough, I love fall. And even better, I get to re-discover that every year. I mean, I'm a warm weather, spend-all-summer-
at-the-beach kind of girl. I can't wear shorts until it's at least 85, otherwise I'll be too cold. I don't even mind DC's glorious 90% humidity!

And so, each year when the air turns a little cooler and the wind is a little crisper and the leaves start to make rustling noises, I am suprised by how much it pleases me.

Fall brings with it all manner of wonderful things -- football season and pots of hearty soup and wool skirts and suits in brown tweed. But the thing I look forward to the most is pulling on a pair of boots while getting dressed in the morning.

Despite what the calendar said weeks ago, TODAY was officially the first day of fall in my world.

The Beloved Red Boots



See other Love Thursday entries.

7 Comments:

At Fri Oct 20, 01:04:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I want those boots. Those are gorgeous!!

 
At Fri Oct 20, 07:32:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should change the name of your blog to "All About Shoes." I did polish my loafers this morning. I was tempted to wear my Chaco's, but they don't meet the locally accepted standard for 'business attire' just yet. My inventory of shoes: 1 pair hiking boots, 1 pair athletic shoes, 1 pair ropers (boots for two stepping), 1 pair loafers. What else could a person need?

 
At Fri Oct 20, 09:41:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Those boots are just crying out for a Wonder Woman costume! (Not that I think they aren't perfectly appropriate for daily fall wear. Just that they would also go well with an invisible plane.)

 
At Fri Oct 20, 12:13:00 PM PDT, Blogger soundedfury said...

So, what was it that you had to crop out of the image? Something embarrassing no doubt.

 
At Fri Oct 20, 07:59:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm with you. I LOVE fall. My favorite thing is being able to use my sun roof and have the car windows open.

Those boots are so yummy. For your sake, I hope you don't wear the same size as me...I'm not above footwear theft.

 
At Fri Oct 20, 08:51:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

LOVE the boots!!!

 
At Fri Oct 20, 10:28:00 PM PDT, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

Clueless -- This blog can't be "All About Shoes"...I'd wouldn't be able to tell you stories starring ME as your resident idiot or complain about stupid boys or discuss my handbag obsession. And what fun would that be?

Soundedfury -- As a matter of fact, if you click on the pic and go to my Flickr account, you can see the photo from which this was cropped. Nothing embarrassing. This time.

Horrible Warning -- My boots are safe! Only by half a size, but that's enough.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home