Thursday, October 26, 2006

Love Thursday: Multimedia Extravaganza Edition

Wondering what I've been up to all week? Things that obviously didn't include posting here, huh? Yes, me too. Hours upon hours of photo importing, editing, resizing, blah, blah, blah, so I could present to you a lovely movie-slideshow-thingy of my weekend in Yosemite.

Your superior powers of observation have probably already noted that nothing of the sort appears here.

Instead, please make do with a lovely shot of my recently-purchased-
but-already-well-worn hiking boots, which may have ousted my running shoes from their previous spot as Kate's Favorite Shoes, Nah Nah. Meanwhile, I will attempt for the jillionth time to get Apple Quicktime to SAVE THE FREAKING AUDIO TRACK WITH THE MOVIE!!! If I wanted a silent presentation, I could have just used Flickr! Or Adobe! Or Slide! Or the software that came with my camera! But! I! Don't! I WANT MUSIC, DAMMIT, which is why I spent real cash money to procure you, stupid software, now do what you promised me you'd do!!!!! Perhaps speaking gently to it will help, because calling it a stupid little bitch didn't do the trick.*




See other Love Thursday entries.

*If anyone has any expertise or tips, please save me. I'm using Quicktime 7 Pro on a PC.

3 Comments:

At Thu Oct 26, 06:44:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Do your new boots qualify as shoes?

 
At Fri Oct 27, 08:33:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

What I mean is, when you count the shoes in your closet (which I assume you do, like the king counting his money), do the boots count? If they do, I have more shoes than I have let on. I would consider them 'specialty footwear' and think they don't count against 'shoes'. Cause if they don't, I only have one pair of shoes.

 
At Fri Oct 27, 11:07:00 PM PDT, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

I've been thinking about this, and the answer is: It depends.

Generally, if I were to tally the number of pairs of shoes I own, yes, hiking boots, rain boots, running shoes, etc would all be counted, though perhaps singled out for their "specialty" status.

On the other hand, if I'm considering the purchase of a new pair of shoes, the fact that I have boots in a similar color/style is probably not enough to deter me from making the purchase. Pointy, black, stiletto boots are TOTALLY different from pointy, black, stiletto heels.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home