Thursday, January 19, 2006

And the Winner Is...

New York City!

That's right, folks, my airline credit has been redeemed for a 5-day, 4-night trip to the nation's most crowded island. It'll be fabulous! Actually, the airline credit only gets me to about Detroit, and does nothing in the way of a hotel stay (What is this business about sharing a bathroom at the end of the hall with a bunch of strangers? Did I miss the memo informing me I'm back in college?) but who cares? I get a real vacation in a real city. Hooray! Oh, and the dates are March 23-27 for any of you who want to join me.

Any suggestions on where to go, what to see, where to eat/drink are welcome. Preferably things off the beaten track...I'm confident I can find the Empire State Building on my own. But a cute little European bistro in Chelsea? The best place to get cannoli in Little Italy? Definitely tell me about those.

3 Comments:

At Thu Jan 19, 09:02:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Well the best place to get cannoli is La Bella Ferrara on Mulberry somewhere between Hester and Canal. Don't let the long line at Ferrara down on Grand fool you. The double chocolate cannoli at La Bella Ferrara are to die for. Literally. I may die of withdrawal from them. I'll email you more stuff to do/see/eat.

 
At Thu Jan 19, 09:08:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

WOW, how fun. You will have a great time! Think....souveniers!

 
At Fri Jan 20, 01:17:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

If you want to go up in the Statue of Liberty, look into getting tickets early... I think they're free, but they were all gone when Jon and I got there several weeks ago. You can only walk around the lame parts of the island without a special ticket.

 

<< Home