Sunday, January 01, 2006

A Secret Admirer

Originally written August 29, 2005.

The funniest thing happened today. As I approached the car to go to work this morning, I realized that my missing hubcap had been replaced. At first I thought maybe someone was playing a joke and had merely moved a hubcap from one tire to the other, but no, I actually have 4 hubcaps on the car now! No note, no indication of who did this or why. (The hubcap has been missing since last summer, mind you.)

At work we speculated that perhaps someone felt that I was dragging the quality of the neighborhood down, with my out-of-town plates and missing hubcap. Charles hopes that any other problems with the car (thankfully, none) are mysteriously fixed. I wondered if perhaps my secret admirer would wash the car for me--it desperately needs it! Or, maybe if I leave my dry cleaning out, he'll take care of it for me.

Really, I love the idea of a secret admirer who does the errands I haven't gotten around to. After all, that's one of the big attractions of a boyfriend, isn't it?

0 Comments:

<< Home