Wednesday, January 11, 2006

It's National De-Lurking Week!

It's National De-Lurking Week! (Isn't the internet great? Someone makes up shit like this and everyone else goes with it. Click here if you don't believe me.) As I am new at this blogging thing, you guys only get National De-Lurking Seventy Two Hours. Sorry. I suck.

National De-Lurking Week, much like the name indicates, is a chance for all you blog-readers out there to become blog-commenters. Enough lurking in the shadows! Reveal yourselves! Ok, so I don't actually want you to reveal yourselves, 'cuz that's really not something I need to see. But, leave a comment! Out of the sheer goodness of my heart, I allow anonymous comments, so no need to worry that your comments will end up in your FBI file. At least, not by my doing.

In order to make this a bit more interactive, here are some topics/questions for you to address in your comments. Or, just say hello.

  1. Who will win the Superbowl?
  2. Name your favorite song from Ryan Adams' 29.
  3. I have a $200 credit on Northwest Airlines that I need to use by the end of April. Where should I go?
  4. Which Federal agency has the funniest acronym: ARHQ; DARPA; FERC; HUD; NARA; NIST; OSHA? Why?
  5. What page were you on before you clicked here?
  6. Did I use enough exclamation points in this post?

Happy commenting!

9 Comments:

At Wed Jan 11, 07:05:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

you asked for comments, and... what is with the "love of my life" link? I mean I like that building too in spite of some of - most of -its inhabitants, but the love of my life? wait... i get it, it has to do with irony in irony queen. no?

 
At Wed Jan 11, 09:46:00 PM PST, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

Oh, you were just hoping it'd be a picture of you. C'mon, admit it...

 
At Thu Jan 12, 07:50:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

4. Which Federal agency has the funniest acronym: ARHQ; DARPA; FERC; HUD; NARA; NIST; OSHA? Why?

Can we vote for Federal agency rule acronyms? If so, I nominate EPA's Significant New Use Rule, or SNUR... just because it sounds funny when you use it in daily conversation, as I have been recently...

 
At Thu Jan 12, 03:47:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The Indianapolis Colts rule!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Thu Jan 12, 10:22:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. not the bears
2. "(everything i do) i do it for you," also featured in the "robin hood: prince of thieves" omps
3. flint, MI
4. darpa, because there's probably someone named greg who works there, and then his blog could be named "darpa and greg"
5. this little gem i found: www.google.com. it's gonna change the world, i swear.
6. plenty of exclamation points, but not enough CAPS according to the j-dubbs style handbook (1996 edition).

 
At Fri Jan 13, 07:03:00 AM PST, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

2. No, no, no--that's Bryan Adams. I most certainly do not have an unhealthy obsession with him! Actually, I think any obsession with Bryan Adams is, by definition, unhealthy. Ryan, on the other hand...why, an obsession with him is perfectly natural!

6. Priceless. Just priceless. Alas, I missed the BOLD-with-CAPS combo, too.

 
At Fri Jan 13, 12:27:00 PM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Da Bears. Can you really imagine the Seahags winning a game of any significance, the Redskins not doing something boneheaded to lose a big game, or Peyton not choking when it counts and making The Peyton Manning 'I can't believe the Patriots just beat me again' Face?
2. Not sure yet.
3. Anywhere warm that isn't Sacramento.
4. FERC.
5. Because I don't think I've ever heard any of the others used as a verb.
6. www.nytimes.com
7. One exclamation point is one too many.

 
At Tue Jan 17, 06:21:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

1. Unless the Cowboys were playing no one in a 200 mile radius of me cares.

2. His songs are only good in altered emotional states (case in point).

3. Grab your friends and meet in Vegas, or London, or anywhere far from home.

4. Actually I prefer the Texas Governor's Division of Emergency Management...GD-EM! You get to express how you feel about the department everytime you say it.

5. you were first today. Feel special?

6. No!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

 
At Tue Jan 17, 08:42:00 AM PST, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

2. Are you suggesting that I live in an altered emotional state?
5. Yes! I feel very special indeed.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home