Tuesday, June 13, 2006

Loose Ends. Or, Pretty Much How My Entire Life Is Right Now, Thanks.

Today's theme is "Things I probably meant to mention to you at some point, all in one scrambled little mess here." It'll be fun, I promise!

Why my brother is my (comedic) hero. Oh dear god, if this doesn't make you laugh, I don't know what will.



On the subject of my perfect man...it is decidedly not the random guy at the airport. No, try him, him, or him. And, um, if you happen to have any of their numbers...feel free to pass along mine.



Thanks for all of your advice regarding the reunion outfit. I ended up going with option 2B, The Naked Dress, Sans Accessories. Well, sort of. There were accessories, just not of the overwhelmingly red variety. You'll see pictures soon.



Discussing our national immigration policy over dinner one night, because this is what we do in my family:

Dad: We can't deport 12 million people. It's just not practical.
Me: Yeah, we don't have enough pick-up trucks for that.



I am apparently not accustomed to being in the office, as TWICE yesterday I ran into the corner of my desk. The first time it was one of those banging-my-thigh-against-the-corner-as-I-distractedly-
walked-to-the-printer deals that happen every week or two. But the second time? I managed to whack my sternum against the desk corner as I bent over to pick something up off the floor. Sheer talent, people, right here. And I whacked it good...it's still tender and I'm watching for the bruise to show up. That's not going to help the tan!



A friend of mine commented today on the new hair. And asked if I had it highlighted. Hallelujah! The sun is doing its job!



The last e-mail I sent before leaving work today:

I've got to go home and have a bottle of wine for dinner.

Which I am currently doing. I'm enjoying what I believe the industry calls "a generous pour."

7 Comments:

At Wed Jun 14, 10:57:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

You think we don't have enough pick-up trucks to transport 12 million people? You clearly haven't been to Texas recently. We have enough pick-up trucks in San Antonio alone to transport 12 million people comfortably in the FRONT seat!

Note: This is not a comment on immigration policy. Just on Texans.

 
At Wed Jun 14, 07:44:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I think you should put the new hair picture up in the "about me" section of the blog--you look cute!!!

 
At Wed Jun 14, 10:14:00 PM PDT, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

Sigh.

Then I'd have to remember how I put the original picture up there -- that sounds like a lot of work!

 
At Thu Jun 15, 06:41:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

speaking of pictures...I stumbled across your flikr album. Love the wedding photos.

 
At Thu Jun 15, 12:04:00 PM PDT, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

Ok, there it is, the new picture!

Editing it in my profile was easy. Getting it to show up on the actual blog was a bit more challenging. (Read: refreshing 1800 times didn't do the trick.)

Oh well, nothing a little swearing at the computer couldn't fix.

 
At Sat Jun 17, 07:10:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

new post

New Post, please

NEW POST!!!!!!!!

 
At Sat Jun 17, 07:12:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

PS
Possible thread topic: how to you honestly feel about the current trend in women's shoes? Will you be true to your pointy past or equivocate your way to endorsing the wedge "issue"?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home