Friday, May 19, 2006

It's Friday and I Don't Want to Tax Those Brain Cells Too Much

Ugh. Yes, I've been a tad busy this week. Not like a few weeks ago, but busy enough.

After hearing yet another newspiece on my way to work this morning, I thought, ARGH, FINE, YES, I WILL WRITE ABOUT THIS. So, there's a real post coming. But it will be serious. And long. And serious.

But, here! Have some random thoughts for your Friday!

A couple of weeks ago, I drove this:

That would be a Mercedes-Benz CLK 320.
And yes, the one I drove was, in fact, a silver convertible.


So, will someone please alert the devil that my soul is now for sale? Or at least my time? Somewhere in the vicinity of $500/hour?

In a similar vein, if you've ever wondered what $15 million can get you in DC, wonder no more. I'm pretty sure my apartment is smaller than one of the eleven bathrooms. But clearly the real estate market is cooling -- the list price was another $5 mil.

Moving on to free things... Thanks to all of you for your technology feedback. While I still don't know what the problem is, I've decided to let sleeping blogs lie. I'd rather spend time writing actual posts than futsing with (swearing at) mediocre design tools from Microsoft. I am *this close* to purchasing a Mac. But I'd probably hate it for seventy different reasons than why I hate PCs. Sigh.

And, hooray! My friend Matt moved out from DC to San Francisco. You have NO IDEA how exciting it is to have (old) friends less than 100 miles away! Sure, I've made some great new friends, but it's just different. We're going to go drink the week's stress away in Sonoma this weekend. You'll have pictures if I manage to balance the camera in one hand and a glass of cabernet in the other.

Finally, birthday wishes go out to Alan, who is celebrating the first of many 29th birthdays today. Have a good one!

5 Comments:

At Fri May 19, 06:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger mikster said...

Making new friends is nice...but having old friends around is always a plus as well. Have a great weekend.

 
At Fri May 19, 09:11:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I remember after I first moved to DC having people visit and thinking how nice it was to be around someone who had known me for more than a couple of months. There's just something about old friends. And by "old friends" I of course mean "friends who go way back" since we are these kind of friends and by no means do I consider us old!

 
At Fri May 19, 01:51:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

i'm not moving anywhere...i'll just sit and wait patiently until you come back here! have fun with matt....cb...

 
At Tue May 23, 07:16:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

ditto. come back to DC, i'm slowly accepting that I'm not going anywhere either.
~pia

 
At Tue May 30, 12:20:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I did not turn 29. It was my 6th annual 24th birthday.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home