Thursday, November 23, 2006

Thankful

There are a million things to be thankful for this year, but here are a few highlights:

  • That my family and friends still love me, despite my moving to the end of the earth. Or the end of the continent.
  • That here in Sacramento I've got enough close friends to necessitate accepting TWO Thanksgiving dinner invitations and turning down a third.
  • A Democratic Congress.
  • That I finally got to enjoy that bottle of wine from Indiana in the celebratory manner for which it was intended.
  • That all of you come here to read and comment on my musings, mishaps and rants about the world.
  • Wireless internet everywhere. Please, someone give the inventors a Nobel Prize...they deserve it!
  • That I have enough -- no, way more than enough -- and have the opportunity to share it with others.
  • That there is not a pumpkin pie sitting in my refrigerator, begging to be eaten for breakfast every morning for the next week. Because I totally would.

What are you thankful for?


Operation Turkey: 2006
There's nothing like giving strangers a turkey that's been basted with an entire stick of butter. Heart attack waiting to happen? Sure.
But, mmmmm, tasty!

2 Comments:

At Fri Nov 24, 10:54:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I'm thankful for both my wife and my girlfriend, but for different reasons.

 
At Fri Nov 24, 11:26:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I can't believe I left the Democratic majority out of my list!

I am also, as ever, thankful for you.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home