Saturday, August 12, 2006

Update! Now with 33% More Sarcasm!

  • If an hour of kickboxing followed by an hour of yoga sounds like the perfect remedy to your day (kick the shit out of Shithead Boy, then cleanse your mind, body and soul with stretching and concentrated breathing), you're wrong. You will spend kick-boxing class concentrating VERY HARD on following what the On Crack Instructor is doing (and wanting to kick the shit out of her) and then get pretty much no benefit from yoga, except perhaps for the balance exercises, because your concentration is shot and "Fuck you, you fucking fuck" is not really the mantra the yogis had in mind for bringing oneself to a peaceful, rested place. And you will still hurt the next day. I recommend a fortnight of drinking with Neal instead.

  • I've never really noticed how often people ask, "How are you today?" Until today when I smiled and told people "Good, thanks!" when I was really thinking, (Ha! What bullshit! Can't I just grocery shop/bank/drink in fucking peace because I don't think you want the real answer?) on five separate occasions. [Mental note: Never again ask a stranger how they are. E-VER.]

  • My new diet seems to be working wonders. For my mental health, at least...not so sure about the nutritional value. Maybe I should toss in a couple of multi-vitamins for good measure.

IMG_0407

2 Comments:

At Sun Aug 13, 05:46:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Looks like a nice balance of carbs and protein!

BTW, How are you today?

 
At Sun Aug 13, 06:58:00 AM PDT, Blogger shpprgrl said...

"How are you?" are the scariest words ever!

Love that new diet. I could succeed at that one!

 

Post a Comment

<< Home