Thursday, July 20, 2006

Because I Am Incapable of Making a Decision of This Magnitude on My Own

Darling, lovely Internet People, I come to you with my latest fashion conundrum: which sunglasses to invest in? Normally, this is a fairly easy decision, because Lord knows if I manage not to break or lose or scratch to all hell my $20 Target sunglasses over the course of the summer, I might still pick out a different pair the following year, just because I'm bored with the old ones.

But.

These sunglasses will be outfitted with fancy prescription lenses and will cost a might bit more than $20, so I have to give some actual thought to the question of, do I want to wear these next summer, too? (And the summer after that, and the summer after that, perhaps until I die.)

And, after a long week and far, far too long at the eyeglasses shop today, I find myself incapable of making that final decision. So, I turn to you. Please know that I value your input, even if I eschew your advice. It helps me discern what it is I really want. (Currently that answer is: Sleep!) (Also, the Gucci sunglasses that cost twice what I'm willing to spend. My word but they were pretty!)

Here are the sunglasses in question. Please try to ignore, you know, ME, behind them when making your selection.

(Also know that I used the same method for selecting these pictures as I did the sunglasses -- take 40 or 50 shots, then start eliminating the bad ones. I skipped the whole editing process, so what you get are raw images. I don't have the patience to deal with photo editing tonight. My apologies for the poor cropping, visible bra, etc. Not everything can be a masterpiece.)

(And do not even get me started on the process that is selecting a pair of frames for real glasses. I think I put on half of their inventory this evening -- roughly eleventy billion pairs -- and all we came up with were three "maybes." Eventually the salesgirl would hand me a pair, I'd put them on, she'd say "ew" and put them back without me ever knowing what they looked like. By the time I left, I was ready to poke my eyes out. Which, now that I think about it, would eliminate the need for glasses entirely, so I may keep that option in mind.)

Sunglasses 1
Sunglasses 1

Sunglasses 2
Sunglasses 2

My many thanks. And probably many, many more from the poor salesgirl whose evening I monopolized.

10 Comments:

At Fri Jul 21, 06:23:00 AM PDT, Blogger Carolie said...

Number one is cool...The gold thingie on the side of number two reminds me of my great-great-aunt who lives in Sarasota...

I'm just sayin'...

 
At Fri Jul 21, 07:17:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Two. Definitely two.

 
At Fri Jul 21, 07:47:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

definitely #1. I agree that the gold thingy is just...not right.

 
At Sat Jul 22, 06:12:00 AM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

Sunglasses don't matter. The hair does, and you're good there. The sunglasses don't. Neither do the shoes. Maybe its a guy thing.

 
At Sun Jul 23, 02:29:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I don't like either one. Sorry:( Good luck!!!!

 
At Mon Jul 24, 12:34:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

#2's shape compliments your face. I do agree w/ the others that the gold emblem is distracting, but is reminiscent of classic branding. If you choose those, make sure the emblem is sealed, not just coated or it will scratch or flake noticably.

 
At Mon Jul 24, 03:40:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I like #1.

 
At Mon Jul 24, 04:18:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

The first ones are too boxy for your face frame. I would go with two. I am not fond of the gold thing but if your hair is down, you won't see it anyways.

 
At Tue Jul 25, 09:41:00 PM PDT, Blogger Mindy said...

How about Lasik? If not, I agree that #1 is a bit too square.

 
At Tue Jul 25, 10:40:00 PM PDT, Anonymous Anonymous said...

I would definitely go with #2. They are very cute. BTW, so is your top...

 

Post a Comment

<< Home