Monday, February 27, 2006

Thank You for Your Patience; Your Call Is Important to Us.

--know that you're my hero,
and everything I would like to be?
I can fly higher than an eagle,
for you are the wind beneath my wings.

It might have appeared to go unnoticed,
but I've got it all here in my heart.
I want you to know I know the truth--


Yes, ma'am. Please bear with me as my computer is slow as molasses in January and if I could just put you on hold a second...

Whatever you say
Turn on the boob tube
I'm in the mood to obey
So lead me astray by the way, now

Where'd all the good people go?
I've been changin' channels


Thank you all for your continued patience with my complete and utter failure to get the ski weekend documented and posted. But I leave for the airport in a mere six hours and right now I need to pack, do laundry, and go to the gym. In that order. (Notice "sleep" is not on the list. Again, that's what the plane is for.) If I'm really productive, you'll have the ski recap before I get on that plane. If not, perhaps entering your sixteen digit account number, followed by the pound sign, will help pass the time. Or, you know, feel free to sing along with the hold music.

(Bonus points if you can "sing" the next verse for us, without Googling for the answer. And I'll know if you cheated, so don't try it.)

Mars ain't the kind of place to raise your kids
In fact it's cold as hell
And there's no one there to raise them if you did
And all this science I don't understand
It's just my job five days a week--

3 Comments:

At Tue Feb 28, 10:13:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

That bonus challenge is SO easy! Seriously, Katie/Kate/Katherine.

 
At Wed Mar 01, 12:26:00 AM PST, Anonymous Anonymous said...

this is one of the better things ever. of course, it's much better in light of this.

 
At Wed Mar 01, 06:53:00 AM PST, Blogger Daily Tragedies said...

Ok, Lori, show us what you got. Mr. Cool over there identified the last tune. Can you do the first two?

 

Post a Comment

<< Home